Wednesday, November 6, 2013

New work, New association..




 On the 24th October 2013, the first Capetown Artfair opened in Capetown, and with it, Diedericks/Faber launched their Artists Collective. I am proud to say that I am part of the Collective and exhibited on their stand the painting I did of Liza, which was sold. The Diedericks/Faber Collective is an artist collective that was founded and is managed by master printmaker Christiaan Diedericks and Elton Faber. It serves to promote local as well as international artists in galleries, art fairs and artshows worldwide. For now they focus on artists working on paper. (www.diedericksfaberfineart.com)
At present I am working toward a small show hosted by Diedericks/Faber in Capetown on the 29th November, and also the Woodstock art walk which takes place on the 6th and 7th December. The Woodstock Artwalk happens once a year, and all the artists studios in Woodstock and Observatory in Capetown open their doors to the public, I will exhibit as part of Eastside Studios, 20 Brickfield rd, Woodstock..
Other shows lined up are the next Capetown art fair which takes place in Feb 2014, and then a Solo show at World Art in March.
Below are some images of paintings I am currently working on. I am exhibiting then as unfinished paintings with all the working markings visible on the paper, the brushmarks are somewhat looser than my previous works and in the process I am trying to teach myself to not overwork and lose the spontaneity that exists within the first stages of creating a painting.


1 comment: