Thursday, February 23, 2017

Finding the thread...

The start of the year is always rocky for me as I grapple to move into a new year with new work, and find a path both exciting and challenging.
I ordered 2 large canvases - both 160x160cm and metal leafed them as I am wanton to do as the light play on the surface immediately comes to life and then I started to play...paint, pigment, glazes and eventually thread. I sent images out to the galleries I work with and the response was brilliant, and so I did a few more..
The inspiration for the works is an intense emotional response to certain music…ranging from Alt-J to Chet Baker to Kerouac’s collaborations with various Jazz musicians. The process of making the works is about taking a journey into my most private head/heart space, and expressing the beauty and the calm that exists there.

...and I began another portrait too...







No comments:

Post a Comment